If you’ve ever watched CNN then you probably already know why you shouldn’t visit Jordan, or anywhere in the Middle East, for that matter.
Jordan, is an Arab nation on the east bank of the Jordan River, is defined by ancient monuments, nature reserves and seaside resorts. The country of Jordan is home to famed archaeological site of Petra, the remarkable Petra earns its nickname, the “Rose City.”
This is also the Nabatean capital, an ancient city that dates all the way back to around 300 B.C.E. In fact Jordan is located in a narrow valley with tombs, temples and monuments which are noted to be carved into the enclosed pink sandstone cliffs that enclose the area.
However Jordan is not for everyone as this satirical post on why not to visit Jordan now explores.
Hence there are 12 more reasons not to visit Jordan.( This article is a satirical take on some of the amazing things Jordan has to offer to its unsatisfied traveller. )
1. THE DEAD SEA IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BODY OF WATER OUT THERE.The lowest point on the earth is in no way relaxing and it’s high salt level does no good to our body.
2. THERE ARE NO SUPERHERO TALES THAT EVER COME OUT OF THIS PLACE.Like the Transformers in Petra or Indiana Jones in his search for the Holy Grail.
3. AND THAT RED SEA…SUCH DANGEROUS WATERS TO TREAD!It’s not like the Red Sea is home to 1,000 species of fish that you can just take a dip and swim with.
4. AMMAN: JUST YOUR AVERAGE CITY SKYLINE.Why would anyone want to visit a city that is filled with history?
5. AND PEOPLE IN JORDAN HATE VISITORS.
6. THE VIEWS ARE JUST WHATEVER.
7. THERE’S NOT MUCH TO SATISFY YOUR APPETITE.Nothing mouth-watering or appetizing about all that color, flavor and meat.
8. YOU CAN’T TAKE YOUR FAMILY HERE.Obviously, the kids are bored.
9. IT’S HISTORICALLY DISAPPOINTING.Would you really want to waste your time visiting a city of well-preserved ruins?
10. THE ONLY WILDLIFE HERE ARE BORING CAMELS.
11. WHO WOULD WANT TO VISIT THE SAME PLACES AS JESUS? It isn’t like two of the most influential historical Biblical figures, John and Jesus, bathed and were baptized here.
12. SHOPAHOLICS AND CULTURE-SEEKERS WOULD BE SO BORED.
Why would you shop at a market place filled with souvenirs made by the locals instead of just heading to a mall in your own country?
So, there you go. Be very, very careful, and visit Jordan at your own risk.