This magical ecosystem of corals and underwater life, in Northern Australia, is one of the best natural wonders in the world. With more than 400 different types of live corals, thousands of species of tropical fish , dolphins, humpback whales, sea turtles and other reptiles, this reef expands over 3000 kms and can even be seen from space.
This huge , exotic , ecosystem is a sight to behold. It is a UNESCO world heritage site and it’s natural beauty surpasses any other living thing in the world.
Exploring the great barrier reef is a true traveller delight. With over 900 islands stretching over 3000 km of natural wonders, there is so much to see and do.
Here are some ways in which you can explore this rich ecosystem –
- Diving or Snorkelling – It is an excellent spot for first time or experienced divers to enjoy the underwater world in this beautiful coral reef up close and personal. If you prefer, you can just enjoy the reefs and colourful tropical fish using just a snorkelling mask and fins. Whatever your preference is, a dive would give you more chances of seeing sharks and rays.
- Island Hopping tours – You can take a boat trip for half or full day and enjoy the different beautiful islands at a slow and relaxed pace.
- Cruises – You can take cruises where you stay on-board to maximize your experience. Take several dives including night dives to explore remote reefs .
- Flights – Want a laid back bird’s eye view of the beautiful reef ? Well then hop on a seaplane to enjoy the breathtaking beauty at its best.
- Ocean Walk – You can take tours on a low tide , where you just walk on the reefs and learn more about the underwater creatures and corals.
So, whatever your way to explore might be, don’t miss out a chance to visit this natural wonder of the world and dwell in its encompassing beauty.